Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Answers - guitarquiz 12

I'm late with the answers - sorry. The songs were:
  • Song 56: Jimi Hendrix - Fire. Played this live many a time. Really simple tune to do for beginners, and Hendrix doesn't require much in the way of vocals either, so.......
  • Song 57: Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl. Stupid song with a hook = hit. None of y'all got this one. Yet; if you check out any VH1 countdown of biggest hits from the 80's, this one is sure to be among the top 100.
  • Song 58: Dire Straits - Your Latest Trick. I absolutely love this song - especially the "Live: On The Night" version. Later-era Knopfler songs are tricky to pull off live, though, as dude kept expanding the band during the last couple of years in DS.
  • Song 59: Bon Jovi - Never Say Goodbye. Sentimental power ballad that works great as the final ballad of a set, when the crowd is drunk&sentimental. I'm betting this would go over gangbusters at a high school reunion-type party, as that's what the theme is about.
  • Song 60: Wham! - Careless Whisper. I totally think the sax theme is awesome, and I try to incorporate versions of it on guitar whenever I think I can get away with it.

Now for the Round 12 scores:

  1. Anders (6 points)
  2. Pigeon/Sondre (tied at 5 points)
  3. ...
  4. Cathy (4 points)

And the Total Score:

  1. Sondre (80 points)
  2. Pigeon (69 points)
  3. Cathy (64 points)
  4. Anders (63 points)
  5. Torbjørn (6 points)

Congrats to Anders and Sondre and good luck with number 13...

12 comments:

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

Oh! Look at me, all alone down there :(
Congratulations to the winners of course
:)

Wilhelm said...

You're still ahead of Anders.

..not much of a consolation, huh?

Cathy said...

looool. Not much, but still.

So W., bring on the new guitarquiz, let me show you all what I'm made of!





















........anyone shaking yet?.....................
















.......ANYONE???????????????????

Wilhelm said...

It'll be online tonight, right Anders? Esse vato loco?

Wilhelm said...

It'll be online tonight, right Anders? Esse vato loco?

Wilhelm said...

Oh yeah; and I'm TOTALLY shaking.

It's on now - On like Donkey Kong up in heah'

:-)

Anders said...

You're still ahead of Anders.

Thanks Wilhelm. I was ready to go in here and gloat, but you really know how to put a brotha down...





(and please, don't give me that "You're still ahead of Torbjørn. That is REALLY no comfort at all).

Anders said...

It'll be online tonight, right Anders?

Naw. I think I'll stop when I'm still on top of the game...
;-)

Wilhelm said...

Somehow I don't think that's true.

...and didn't I congratulate you on winning gq12?

Would you like some cheese with that whine? (I finally got that one right)

Anders said...

Hey Cathy,
I think we should compete about who's on the bottom of the overall list. Rather we should compete about passing P-diddy on the list. I mean, we can't be beat by a tiny french, can we now?

;-)

Anders said...

Would you like some cheese with that whine? (I finally got that one right)

Yeah! Congrats. Was funnier the first time, though... ;-)