Round 3 is over, and the dust is about to settle. The songs were:
- Song 111: Metallica - Seek And Destroy. One of the coolest Metallica songs around. Know why? 'Cause Dave Mustaine wrote it, and Dave is Da Man. Really kewl tune to do live as well, although I never really bothered to play the snoozapalooza solo that Kirk Hammett laid down on the Kill'Em All album, as it is way too amateur hour at the community center. And all of y'all got this one - color me impressed.
- Song 112: The Knack - My Sharona. Classic, often imitated rock song. Trond "Teeny" Holter of Wig Wam totally ripped this off on their Wig Wamania album.
- Song 113: Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World. Annoying 80's summer megahit in a weird time signature. Ok; not THAT weird, it's just that I hate the 12/8 time signature with a passion. Only one of you found this tune - congrats.
- Song 114: Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms. Beautiful song, and one that always kills late in the set, as the show nears the end, people are drunk and they're deluded by alcohol, fatigue and relief to be gettin' teh hell out of there enough to think that they've totally enjoyed the show. This is my version of the intro, even though I skipped the volume swell in the penultimate phrase. I was just too damn lazy to hook up my Line6 Floorpod for that stuff, as the Ibanez S isn't as wiggling-volume-control-with-pinky friendly as the strat is. If you noticed that something was missing - mea culpa. If you didn't - carry on. It's all good though, as I added a slight pinched harmonic without going all Dimebag up in this motherf*cker.
- Song 115: P.O.D - Satellite. Monster hit in 2002 or so. Absolutely monster. So monster, in fact that when Godzilla, King Kong, The Creature From The Black Lagoon and Dorian Yates get together over a Corona with a twist of lime or a Zima and get all sentimental and junk, all they can talk about is how monster this hit was. Problem is; it was enormous Stateside. Maybe it wasn't that big of a deal in Europe, 'cause none of y'all got it. Not even close. Perhaps Nu-Metal ain't yall's bag?
As the Score for Round 3 clearly outlines, there's a new Sheriff in town:
- Cathy (8 points)
- Pigeon/Sondre (tied at 6 points)
- Anders (4 points)
...and you better believe that this has an effect on the Total Score as well:
- Cathy/Sondre (tied at 20 points)
- Anders (18 points)
- Pigeon (12 points)
Congrats to Cathy the Usurper, and good luck in Round 4!