Thursday, September 11, 2008

Boogie Chillun'

...to counter the current thunder and metal in the blog description. Just found this '98 RL Burnside concert from Bergen on YouTube. I was there (didn't know somebody was filming the show) and this ranks among the best concerts I ever been to. A double header with RL Burnside and T-Model Ford, just great old boogie and blues. What a night. During RL Burnside's set, even T-Model Ford ditched his crutches and startet to shake his ass off right next to RL. And he was 73 years at that time... So, as a taste of the raw Mississippi Hill Boogie, here's Boogie Chillun'. Enjoy (sorry, I can't embed the video).

7 comments:

Wilhelm said...

LOL....it's the first half of the chorus to "Heavy Metal In The Night" by Dream Evil.

I'm happy for you that you enjoyed the hell out of this concert, bro.

Of almost comparative happiness is the knowledge that I didn't go to this one........ ;-)

Anders said...

Of almost comparative happiness is the knowledge that I didn't go to this one........ ;-)

I'm sure you would have enjoyed some of the guitar work if you'd been there. :-D

Actually, what became really obvious when I watched the videos, is how difficult it must be to play with RL. It really shows how he just adds a bar or a beat here and there, and that he just ends the song whenever he feels like it.

Btw, did you check out the dude in black leather jacket and t-shirt in the audience in that clip...?
:-D

Wilhelm said...

..like the resolution of that movie allowed us to see any audience member with any clarity at all

Anders said...

...pause it at 3:53.

Wilhelm said...

.....the fanboi with the "Pick ME, R.L" sign, you mean?

Anders said...

Yeah. There is one in every crowd. Ruins the concert.

Wilhelm said...

Don't I know it