Monday, September 1, 2008

After all...tomorrow is another day

Today has flat out sucked, and the above picture provides an accurate portrayal. I spent the entire morning differentiating something in the neighborhood of 250 spectra, then doing some quasi principal component analysis, and finally ending up with zero useful information, because the samples turned out not to reside within comparable time-domains. Epic. Fail. Then I spent most if not all of the afternoon trying to make some kewl figures using the "alternative" spreadsheet I complained about in the previous post. By 4:30 PM I had just about graduated to the level where I was able to figure out exactly why in the blue hell my many, many previous attempts at overlaying more data sets in the same plot had failed miserably. By then I had to take care of teachin' bidness, so net research output for the day: Zero. Another Epic Fail.

Fast forward to the gym, where I'm finally going to get some release from the pent-up aggression by doing squats and whatnot. First warmup set - using only the bar - my left knee starts hurting like crazy, and there was not much choice but to abandon resistance training and limp over to the treadmill. Which probably wasn't such a great idea either, but at least I got to do something. Epic Fail yet again.

And guess what; I'm starting tomorrow by being a censor on four or so oral examinations..............I'll think about it tomorrow....at Tara.....

2 comments:

Anders said...

First warmup set - using only the bar - my left knee starts hurting like crazy, and there was not much choice but to abandon resistance training and limp over to the treadmill.

Hey, what happened to you? The Wilhelm I used to know, wouldn't let a hurting knee stop him before he stood before two medical doctors in training aguishly flippin' through their first year medical book, and he would refuse to leave until he got dressed up in a very unflattering white hosptial robe and had at least one placebo prescription on some very expensive essential oils.

What happened to that guy?

Wilhelm said...

...LOL---pretty much exactly what you described happened to that guy. And more...