Tuesday, October 21, 2008

IT Helpdesk failure....

So, against my will and after numerous requests not to, Windows had updated itself on an instrument computer when I came into work yesterday. Which is in theory not a bad thing, but it's crap because after the update, it restarts itself. And that is not a good thing to do for a computer that collects data and controls a running instrument.

This made me slightly pissed, so I logged into the IT helpdesk page to get the phone number so I could personally tell them not to do this again. And open the IT helpdesk page, this is what I got:

Seems like I'm not the only one having problem with automatic updates in Windows....


4 comments:

Wilhelm said...

The automatic updates are the harbingers of doom for me, as every problem I've ever had since I started here has been immediately preceded by an automatic update, following which the computer slows down and the script to open Mozilla magically gets deleted.

Wilhelm said...

...and by the way; we've experienced the automatic update followed by restart during many an overnight experiment.

Fun, fun, fun

Anders said...

Stupid question, but you do know you can turn automatic updates off? If you have the adm. login or the IT departement allows normal users to change that?

Wilhelm said...

..if you figure it out, lemme' know