Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Final Results GQ3: Mexican Standoff

Teh results are in, and we have a winner. By most accounts, the final round of GQ3 was less difficult than many of the preceding ones. Anyhoo; the songs were:
  • Song 176: Nik Kershaw - The Riddle. I always thought Kershaw was a lightweight 80's prettyboi with big hair until I saw him perform his other hit, "Wouldn't It Be Good" on some Norwegian television show a ways back. Dude was really taking command of the stage, sang his ass off and was totally laying down some killer guitar. It's way cool when people exceed your expectations.
  • Song 177: Chicago - If You Leave Me Now. Not my favorite Chicago song, but it's a classic AOR hit. Come to think of it, I prefer the solo work of Peter Cetera to Chicago anyways.
  • Song 178: Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On. Near, Far, Wherever You Are, I believe that my Ibanez S will forever be tainted from playing this. *Shudder*
  • Song 179: Tevye/Gwen Stefani/Any other recorded performance from Fiddler On The Roof - If I Were A Rich Man. Or "If I Was A Rich Girl" in the case of Gwen Stefani's rip-off hit. Meh.
  • Song 180: ABBA - The Winner Takes It All. Cool song, and a most relevant title for the final song on the final round of GQ3.

The Bonus point could be harnessed by figuring out that all the five recordings are of the vocal melody of each song. With that in mind, here's how y'all did in Round 8:

  1. Cathy/Sondre/Torbjørn (tied at 11 points)
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. Marius (10 points)
  5. Anders (8 points)
  6. Pigeon (4 points)

The TOTAL SCORE after 8 rounds then stands as:

  1. Sondre (53 points)
  2. Cathy (52 points)
  3. Anders/Torbjørn (tied at 40 points)
  4. ...
  5. Pigeon (35 points)
  6. Marius (29 points)

Congrats to Sondre who managed to edge out the competition to win The m-factor Guitarquiz 3: mexican Standoff! Long may he reign, etc.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

11/11.

God, I'm embarrased.
Equally good as the A-man, though. Guess that's what matters.

Wilhelm said...

...you managed to climb quite far towards the end there, T-bombz. Well done. Peaked too late perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Next time... I'll get them next time... Moahahaaa

Wilhelm said...

...you'll show them all....

Anders said...

Third is the manly position, T-bear.

Anders said...

I was actually listening to Chigaco - If You Leave Me Now on YouTube, but didn't recongize it...
Oh well, it could have been worse.

Wilhelm said...

...you could've recognized it?

Anders said...

LOL

Well, it can't be worse then recongnizing My Heart Will Go On. Still got bad memories from that movie...

I meant if my score this round had been lower, I wouldn't been able to defend my third position!

Wilhelm said...

There are precious few good moments in "Titanic".