- Song 41: Dire Straits - Private Investigations. One of my absolute favorite Knopfler tunes. The entire piece is just ripe with the overall mood of a Raymond Chandler novel. Tried to do it live a couple of times, but we never got it right. Or at least right enough that people would stay attentive throughout a lesser known, slow Dire Straits tune from a mostly covers band. Imagine that. The intro recorded here hails more to the "Live: On The Night" version than to the original studio recording, with some added notes, of course.
- Song 42: The Shadows - Apache. How much of a classic is this? This was one of the first songs we rehearsed to have something to play while the singer "rested his voice", for lack of a better term. Whatever - of course I recorded this one using my strat.
- Song 43: .38 Special - Hold On Loosely. Hyooge Southern Rock Classic, but sadly, none of y'all recognized it. Oh well.
- Song 44: Avril Lavigne - Sk8er Boi. Annoying, yet highly recognizable tune.
- Song 45: Justin Timberlake - Rock Your Body. Think Superbowl 2004. Janet Jackson's "Wardrobe malfunction". Remember the song now? One of youse did...
Consequently, the Scores for Quiz 9 are:
- Cathy/Anders (tied at 6/10)
- Sondre (5/10)
- Pigeon (4/10)
And the Grand Daddy of them all, the Total Score:
- Sondre (63 points)
- Pigeon (52 points)
- Cathy (50 points)
- Anders (47 points)
- Torbjørn (6 points)
It's getting awful close around the middle here.......Congrats to Cathy, Anders and Sondre! Good luck on Quiz 10.