Monday, April 14, 2008

Penn&Teller

..caught fifteen or so minutes of Penn&Teller's show last week, regarding diets and organically grown food.

I was heavily reminded of why I think magicians are losers who rely on two mirrors and three semi-nekkid girls in addition to their supposed skills.

At first when I saw the show, I thought "Hey; since when did Michael Moore get a suit, some more updated glasses than those "Bad guy from Clint Eastwood movie ca. 1974" ones, lose the cap in favor of a slick black ponytail, trim that scraggy beard and add what's probably termed a "mute vertically challenged person" to his crappy concept?".

...but then I noticed that P&T's show deviate from that of MM not by quality, but by the more frequent inclusion of cusswords and the charming catchphrase STFU.

That's PC thuggin' at its' best right there.

5 comments:

Anders said...

Some folks in the Sceptic posse seems to like Penn&Teller. Personally, I think they work better as pure comedians than magicians or serious journalists trying to expose BS. Not that they are legendary commedians, but there's something classic about the fat/slim dude or silent/wordy guy duo act.

Wilhelm said...

Seems that the same kind of people who enjoy Michael Moore enjoy Penn&Teller......

For some reason I never found P&T funny. I used to watch Comedy Central back when we lived stateside, and just about the only time I consciously switched channels from the stand-up segments was when P&T were on.

....and I feel that their journalistic skills reek of subpar Mooreism.

Anders said...

Ok, I have a confession that will blow away all the conspiracy theories about me being Wilhelms's imaginary friend/ constructed gimmick account*: I actually like some of Michael Moore's movies! Don't care much about his TV shows and haven't seen that many of his movie, but still: I like what I've seen. Not that I believe he makes objective documentaries, but his movies does focus in on problems and starts the public debate. A good watch!




*'cause apart from this, me and W. are dead smiliar.

Wilhelm said...

*'cause apart from this, me and W. are dead smiliar.

....like boyband songs......

Anders said...

*'cause apart from this, me and W. are dead smiliar.

....like boyband songs......


LOL!!!