Friday, August 22, 2008

Movin' on up

Finally I'm moving into my new office. I had no idea I'd hoarded all this crap during the time since I last was a participant in office chess. My new office will be my fifth since relocating to this institution.

Some of the stuff is baggage from way back though - I've even got some of my work from undergrad studies in Bergen. In browsing through some of that, it's amazing and possibly shameful how little work I appear to have done - as evidenced by very thin or non-existing notes from courses, etc.

If the Norwegian university system had adopted the concept of American high school year books for undergrads back then, I'd surely have been voted "least likely to pursue an a career in academia" if the criteria were solely headcount during lectures and amount of studying actually done.

Of course, by the time I got to courses that actually were interesting to me, this changed a bit, and I put a ton of work into my Master's degree.

Still....Note To Self: Do not give out advice on study habits. Ever.

8 comments:

Anders said...

Cos I'm movin' on up
You're movin' on out
Movin' on up
Nothing can stop me
I'm movin' on up
You're movin' on out
Time to break free
Nothing can stop me


Did I manage to get that stuck on your brain now?

Anders said...

You reap what you sow.

It's a long way to the top of the world, but only a short fall down.

The people you meet on the way up, are are the same people you meet on your way down.

Etc, etc.

Naw, just kidding. Hope it's a new and improved office for a new and improwed Academica.
True science or no science at all!
Wimps and posers may leave the hall!

Wilhelm said...

You reap what you sow.

It's a long way to the top of the world, but only a short fall down.

The people you meet on the way up, are are the same people you meet on your way down.


I shall henceforth label you "Deputy Downer"

Anders said...

I shall henceforth label you "Deputy Downer"


For the "reap what you sow comment"? That's a good comment when things are going good for ya', ain't it?

Just messing with you. ;-)

Unknown said...

M people !!!

Cathy said...

Happy new office Wilhelm! :)

Wilhelm said...

Thanks :-)

By Wednesday or so I might actually be more or less settled as well :-/

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.