We've got some more contestants, which is always cool. And without further ado, the songs were:
- Song 141: AC/DC - Thunderstruck. Maybe sped up a little - not much. Played this song many a time, but I overcomplicated it when I first learned it. I used to pick every single note, when in reality it's all left-hand tapping. At least it got me practicing alternate picking very early on.
- Song 142: Gary Moore - Still Got The Blues. One of my favorite Gary Moore songs. This one blew me away when the album came out, and I practiced REAL hard to learn the song. Always a crowdpleaser - if ya play it well, that is.
- Song 143: Joe Satriani - Ten Words. Archetypical Satriani ballad, which I believe he's performed at various shows and awards - probably why it seemed familiar yet none could figure out who or what it was.
- Song 144: Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name. Another crowdpleaser, and one you can't not play if you're doing 80's rock covers. I really enjoyed Anders' tale of a small-time french band called Trés Bon Jovi, featuring Miou-Miou on backing vocals.
- Song 145: Europe - The Final Countdown. The solo, rather. I didn't do John Norum justice at all with this recording - mea culpa. I can do better.
This means that we've got the following Score after the first round/total score:
- Anders/Cathy/Sondre (tied at 8 points)
- Pigeon/Torbjørn (tied at 6 points)
- Marius (2 points)
Congrats to the winners and plenty props for participating. Good luck with round deux.