Wednesday, May 21, 2008

..welcome to my world



Lately I've had the significant misfortune of working out close to and thus overhearing some wifebeater-wearing, NBA-style shorts-sporting self-styled guru either brag about how big and swole he is to some other, slightly smaller version of himself, or explain which exercises give the biggest arms to the same schmoe. Inevitably, the slightly bigger douchebag will pull the time-tested "but right now I'm focusing on shape, because I don't want to become too big" so as to provide a pre-emptive statement to the effect of "I could've been bigger than Sonbaty ca. 1997 if I wanted to."

Then they'll see my reflection in the mirror or notice me walking by, and all of a sudden the self-appointed guru is all about how if he wanted to become much bigger he'd have to start using gear, before they swiftly pack up their pink dumbbells and move to another section of the gym where the guru can give advice to teenagers on how to become hyooge like him.

The fact that so many members at supposedly normal, family-style gyms are such freaks, is quite the eye-opener.




At least nobody ever asks me to work in or comes over to give me training advice.


4 comments:

Anders said...

Hey, why did you change the last strip?

Wilhelm said...

...'cause it was in b&w and the resolution wasn't as good.

Why; was it = more teh funny?

Anders said...

Both of them are funny, but the last one in your post I've actually read before.

Wilhelm said...

..sorry boss; I'll do better for ya next time :-)