Sunday, December 23, 2007

Three more movies, y'all

Fantastic 4 - Rise Of The Silver Surfer
True; my flesh is trong but my spirit is weak - I wanted to watch this movie despite having seen the first one. Joke's on me and all that. The sad thing is that the sequel far surpasses the first one. Even worse, I can't guarantee that I won't rent the third installment which will inevitably show up.

Varg Veum - Bitre Blomster
A Norwegian movie, of all things, based on a novel by Gunnar Staalesen. The story takes place in Bergen, and the scenic shots are great. Kind of cool that I recognize a lot of the locations as well. Varg Veum is, quite frankly, the first Norwegian movie I've seen from after 1970 that I didn't think sucked donkey balls. Norwegian movies have for far too long been plagued by a shallow pool of horrible actors, the same two directors and the same storyline frankensteined between genres. Varg Veum sort of breaks the streak of Norwegian cinematic fiascos for me, so I might even start watching more domestic movies.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Fifth installment of the HP saga..........gettin' old, brother, gettin ooollllddd.

2 comments:

Anders said...

Told you the HP movie was more of the same.

Wilhelm said...

Yes you did, li'l buddy, yes you did