Friday, February 6, 2009

Win through Fail?

I'm apparently not in the zone today. Or at least I wasn't when I made the slides for today's lecture.

However, while it sucks to screw up, it's awesome when students actually catch the mistakes "live". After all, they can only do that if they a) actually pay attention, and b) are able to follow the tempo of the lectures.

All in all not too shabby for an 8-10 AM Friday morning lecture. A win through fail is better than a complete fail. And a likely impossibility is always preferable to an unconvincing possibility.

4 comments:

Anders said...

Well, as you said, it's good the students noticed. Shows that they do pay attetion. My nightmare: Let an error slip by on the lecture notes, and somebody use the error to answer a problem on the exam... What do you do, then? Even worse then grading multiple choice exams, where more then one alternative can be correct...

Wilhelm said...

...and now that's my nightmare as well...

Thanks a lot, Chief >:-(

:-)

Anders said...

You're welcome.
Good think I didn't mention my other nightmare. You know, the one with the monster under the bed...
;-)

Wilhelm said...

Now that's just mean-spirited :-/