Monday, February 23, 2009

GQ5: Jumping the Shark - Final Results

Before we get into he final standings, here be the songs:

  • Song 256: Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name. Final song on the fantastic "Number Of The Beast" album. Nuthin' but net.
  • Song 257: Iron Maiden - Aces High. Another classic from Steve Harris' merry bunch.
  • Song 258: Bon Jovi - Bed Of Roses. From the 1992 album "Keep The Faith".
  • Song 259: Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven. Allegedly many, many music stores banned this song due to hordes of wanna-be guitarists incessantly playing this very intro all through the opening hours. Moreover, LZ apparently jacked this song - at least the main riff and guitar lines - from a lesser known British band.
  • Song 260: Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force - Black Star. You better believe it.

Time for the Final Round Scores:

  1. Marius (8 points)
  2. Cathy (6 points)
  3. T-bombz (5 points)
  4. Anders/Sondre (tied at 4 points)

Well done, Marius! The Final Standings for GQ5: Jumping the Shark are:

  1. Cathy (44 points)
  2. Sondre (39 points)
  3. Anders (34 points)
  4. T-bombz (31 points)
  5. Marius (25 points)
  6. Nils (23 points)
  7. Pigeon (19 points)

Congrats to Cathy - Queen of the guitarquiz! Also congrats to Marius for a valiant effort in the final round - too bad it didn't take you all teh way.

10 comments:

Anders said...

...and congrats to T-bombz, for capturing the sweet spot on the ranking...
;-)

And what a patethic performance by me on GQ5. By looking at the overall ranking, you wouldn't believe I'm the one with the largest muscial knowledge and best taste in music. Go figure...

And btw Wilhelm, are you trying some new math?
My score in GQ5 are:
1: 2
2: 2
3+4: 10
5+6: 16
Final: 4

And according to your calculations, that makes a total of 18 points for me... Mmmh... But who needs maths anyway, eh?

Wilhelm said...

....technically, I suck at arithmetics, not math :-)

My bad though - it'll get fixed in a hurry

Anders said...

....technically, I suck at arithmetics, not math :-)

Strange. Becuase I thought that using elementary arithmetics to sum 2, 2, 4, 10 and 16 would give something different then 18. Or 24. And maybe you should take a closer look at the other scores as well?

But what do I know, who mistakes arithmetics for maths...

Who needs arithmetics anyway?

Wilhelm said...

...uhhh...dunno' what to say here...good thing I'm not reliant on any form of math skills in my profession, or this'd be really embarrassing...

Anders said...

...uhhh...dunno' what to say here...

Looking back, there is a couple of thing you could say about my spelling skills...
;-)

Wilhelm said...

..for some reason I don't particularly feel like I'm occupying the high ground at the moment

Anders said...

Hey, did I came in third? (for real this time?)

Anders "Third".
:-)

Wilhelm said...

...well; after a quick scan through the previous rankings, and assuming I haven't screwed up previously, these are the new numbers.

With the day I'm having today, I wouldn't be surprised if the mistakes kept on comin' though

On the plus side, my math credibility for the day is so low right now that if you claim to have 2X the number of points I have stated thusfar, I'm in no real position to challenge that number :-/

Anders said...

Congrats to Cathy - Queen of the guitarquiz! Also congrats to Marius for a valiant effort in the final round

...and to Anders for his proof reading, calculation skills and witty remarks?
:-D

Ok, ok, this is getting really old really fast...

Anyway, congrats to Marius for making me look bad in the final round and to Cathy for yet again taking home the grand prize!

Wilhelm said...

...and to Anders for his proof reading, calculation skills and witty remarks?

Sure; why not. Live and let live has always been my motto.......