Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanks for nuthin', CDON

...so a good while ago I ordered the latest Yngwie Malmsteen release from CDON.com. Specifically, I pre-ordered it, so that I'd get my grubby little hands on the latest Malmsteen Miracle as soon as possible. At the same time I pre-ordered the latest Edguy release - Tinnitus Sanctus. 'Cause why waste time?

Anyhoo; the weeks flew by, and eventually I got the Edguy album - which was released well after Yngwie's latest masterpiece - but there was no sign of "Perpetual Flame".

Major bummer.

Logging on to CDON.com didn't help much - the order history did not provide any specifics, and the only way to get a hold of any customer service was to use their online form - and that didn't get me no answers.

Fast forward until today, and I log onto CDON.com to check if there's been any progress. And check it out; the cyberlosers have now cancelled my order AND removed "Perpetual Flame" from their catalogue. Did I get as much as an email informing me of this fact? Hell no. Did they even bother answer my request using their online contact form thingy? Hell no once more.

This coming week it'll be roughly two months since "Perpetual Flame" was released. I sure didn't pre-order the album for the purpose of being jerked around only to have to purchase it elsewhere.

F*ck CDON and the gargoyle they rode in on! Not cool - no es frigido!

5 comments:

Anders said...

Yeah, customer service on CDON is crap. I like their store, and it isn't often I need to get hold of the customer service. But I did send in a request, saying it was urgent. I think I got a reply three months later...

Anders said...

Btw, don't you have enough Yngwie CDs?

Wilhelm said...

But I did send in a request, saying it was urgent. I think I got a reply three months later...

..so it's too early for me to expect a reply yet, is what you're tellin' me

Btw, don't you have enough Yngwie CDs?

Pff...as if

Anders said...

..so it's too early for me to expect a reply yet, is what you're tellin' me

LOL.
Well, depends on whether you remembered to put in a note about it being urgent... ;-)

Btw, don't you have enough Yngwie CDs?

Pff...as if


One can never get too many guitars, sunglasses, leather jackets and Malmsteen CDs, right?
:-D

Wilhelm said...

....tru, tru...