Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Results GQ5: Jumping the Shark - Initial round

Heh.....when I named GQ5 "Jumping the Shark", it turned out to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Maybe the songs were extra hard or the recordings sucked something fierce, but the fact of the matter is that only one of y'all *cough*Cathy*cough* managed to get any points at all. Thus, I deem this a bonus round, and start over with the next round.

In case that wasn't clear, GQ5: Jumping the Shark starts over, with this trial run only counting towards a bonus score for the person who got any songs right *cough*Cathy*cough*.

Damn that dry climate-control air.

It ain't no point in listing the scores, so I'll just reveal the songs:
  • Song 221: Van Halen - When It's Love. Van Hagar era tune - probably falls into the category of power ballad. Not one of their lesser known songs either...
  • Song 222: Poison - Ride The Wind. Two! Two Two; one third the Number Of The Beast! ..or in this case a Poison song from their Flesh & Blood album.
  • Song 223: Van Halen - Dreams. Now this is definitely one of the better known tunes from the Van Hagar era - where's teh love for VH? And don't try to pawn this off on VH being an unknown 80's band, 'cause not even Pigeon can use that excuse while keeping a straight face...
  • Song 224: U2 - Beautiful Day. .......no freakin' comment.....this song has polluted the airwaves ever since Kurt Nilsen won Idol...
  • Song 225: Scorpions - Pictured Life. It's sho' nuff got that 70's blues rock feel to it..

7 comments:

Anders said...

It's apparent that the m-factor posse is more into the likes of Miles Davis and Pyotr Tchaikovsky. Apart from Cathy, who obviously doesn't share our taste in the more distinguished genres of music...
;-)

Anders said...

Scorpions - Pictured Life

Pigeon, what's up?
;-)

Wilhelm said...

Pyotr Tchaikovsky

Considering your record collection, I call epic Google search on spelling of composer's name :-)

Unknown said...

Scorpions - Pictured Life

Pigeon, what's up?
;-)


The funny thing is since I had no idea for this quiz, I almost suggested Scorpions for all of them. I guess I should have done it.

Damn it

Anders said...

I call epic Google search on spelling of composer's name :-)

I see your Google, and raise you a cdon.com.
;-)

Actually, I spelled it with a "w" and used Peter. So I wasn't that much off...

Anders said...

The funny thing is since I had no idea for this quiz, I almost suggested Scorpions for all of them

It's your Scorpion to my Megadeth...
;-)

Wilhelm said...

Actually, I spelled it with a "w" and used Peter. So I wasn't that much off...

...my mistake, then