Saturday, March 29, 2008

Some great music for the weekend

This is a preformance Steve Earle did on Later... with Jools Holland, preforming Satellite Radio.



I really like the tasteful use of a DJ on this tune, and it does have a great groove and hook in there.

Also, for the people who's into stuff like this*: Steve is playing the new 14 fret Style O from National Reso-Phonic, which is a copy of Mark Knoplfer's Style O,featured on the cover of the Brothers in Arms album and included on at least one song on every Dire Straits album. Also note the partial capo use there.


*Something tells me it ain't many of these people on this blog...

6 comments:

Wilhelm said...

...dude...if there was ever a guy who should have a t-shirt with the slogan "My other guitar is an Ibanez JS1200", it's you ;-)

Seriously though - it's got a hook, and the DJ was a nice touch

Anders said...

...dude...if there was ever a guy who should have a t-shirt with the slogan "My other guitar is an Ibanez JS1200", it's you ;-)

LOL ;-)

Anders said...

Btw, I checked the Ibanez website. They do not have that t-shirt in stock. Where can I find it?
;-)

Actually, I just had to check out Ibanez site to see which model the JS1200 was. It's the Satriani signature model, with locking nut, tremolo arm and all the goodies. Just my bag of tea...

Wilhelm said...

If I ever find a t-shirt, bumper sticker or guitar strap with that inscription, you'll get it

Wilhelm said...

You're sayin' that from the Ibanez catalogue you'd prefer the Ibanez EGEN or the Ibanez STM?

Anders said...

You're sayin' that from the Ibanez catalogue you'd prefer the Ibanez EGEN or the Ibanez STM?

Eh, am I? You sure know how to read between the lines...