Wednesday, February 20, 2008

THAT'S what it takes?

Checketh it out; according to Dagbladet, Wii Fit will be available to the Norwegian public on April 25th. But Pigeon - you probably knew that already, didn't ya? ;-)

The product is pitched as a computer game which will get you in better shape and in the process crush all stereotypes associated with computer game-playing adults. The computer game is gonna get the D&D dweebs in shape by telling them to do push-ups, jumping jacks, etc.

Seriously; how much of a spineless dolt would you have to be if you can't get your Playstation-worshipping, WoW-playing, Pringles-and-frozen pizza-eating ass to a gym or simply to go outside for a walk or something...unless the Nintendo Deity tells you to "drop and gimme' 20" or to "jump"......

Yeah; this will crush any and all myths regarding computer game-playing adults.......

5 comments:

Anders said...

I gather you're not much of a fan of computer games?
;-)

Wilhelm said...

No no - it's a wonderful thing for kids 12 and down.........

But wouldn't you agree that the sales pitch is really more than a little condescending towards the D&D losers - er.. I mean potential buyers? What they're saying is that the potential customers lack the intestinal fortitude to actively improve their own health by doing shit on their own merit. However; if Lara Croft or Super Mario were to command them from the TV screen to do 25 crunches, they'd obey?

How much more insulting can it get?

Anders said...

D&D? Lara Croft? Super Mario? Where have you been, hiding in a cave? This is 2008, man! Try WoW, Halo, Buzz, Call Of Duty, etc, etc.*

But wouldn't you agree that the sales pitch is really more than a little condescending towards the D&D losers - er.. I mean potential buyers?

Well, if I wanted to get in shape (don't consider this as admitting that I'm not the buffed up monster body-building dude I'm cracked up to be), the first thing that popped into my had wouldn't be to go out and buy a computer game.






*Hey, what do you think of my google-fu? ;-)

Anders said...

Btw, there was a Danish documentary about World of Warcraft players on NrK yesterday. Started of with a 34 year old female who played. Just watching it made my nerd factor increase and my glasses grow thicker...

Wilhelm said...

Don't I compliment you on your Google-Fu skillz enough, is that what you're sayin?

I've seen a documentary on WoW myself, and it freaked me out by a factor of 0.65 relative to the one about extremist bible camps for kids in the States