Thursday, February 14, 2008

Back In Black

Finally, I'm back in bidness after having gotten the crap kicked out of me by the flu.

As was expected, my stuff-to-do pile has increased significantly, including some paper-pushing administrative crap, but that's ok, 'cause my job rules. Sure; there are aspects of it I'd be happy to live without, but what job doesn't have any downsides. When all is said and done, I get to do the following over the next few days:
  • teach students about Feynman's method for determining the root-mean-square end-to-end distance in drunken walks
  • wax poetically about statistical thermodynamics to unprepared students (it can be shown that...)
  • do that final data treatment and write together the discussion section on a kick-ass paper
  • look at the latest kewl results and theories obtained by post doc + master student
  • review manuscripts for two different journals
  • write short grant proposal
  • attend some meetings and outline at least three more papers

Academic life is good

2 comments:

Anders said...

Academic life is good

Guess you're happy as a pig in a pile of sh@t. It's great to have an interesting job. Good for you.

Wilhelm said...

It IS good to have an interesting job, and while I might complain every now and then, I'm always fully aware of the fact that at the end of the day, my job is quite kewl.