Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Symphony of Construction

Awesome! As I sit here trying to finish the corrections to the aforementioned galley proof, the maintenance branch of the university have in their infinite wisdom decided that this would be a good time to do some of that sawing of fiberglass and drilling in concrete walls just outside my office that they never got around to do. And unfortunately, they can't tell how long it's gonna take, but it was vital that they do it NOW. But they're very sorry - they didn't realize it was disturbing.

When life deals you an office adjacent to a newly emerged construction site, play Children Of Bodom.

2 comments:

Anders said...

Did you try the "not now, chief, I'm in the zone"-line? Didn't work?

Wilhelm said...

DAMMIT!!! I should've used it...

Who knows when the next opportunity for this comment will arise.

I've got my collar popped and everything....