Friday, May 15, 2009

Web page blues

Dammit! The faculty is "strongly encouraging" each and every faculty member to create a web page. Not just any ol' web page mind you, but one based on a university template, with room for a photo, a brief statement of research interests and courses taught, and a few links.

So how come I'm not happy about this?

Because I absolutely suck at limiting myself to this format. I've been working on some quite grandiose plans for my professional web page with no less than five sub-pages. Two text boxes and a photo are not gonan cut it. With a motto of "more is more", this is gonna take way more time than if I had ten times the available space.

Not to mention that I've gotta get a better photo than the one currently in use for lab purposes. "Whiter-than-Christmas-serial-killer" is not a good look - trust me on that one.

2 comments:

Anders said...

I've gotta get a better photo than the one currently in use for lab purposes. "Whiter-than-Christmas-serial-killer" is not a good look - trust me on that one.

Have you tried rotating it in photoshop?

Wilhelm said...

LOL..that's your answer to everything