Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New deadline, new possibilities

In November, I'm going to give a talk at a conference, and since I had to submit an abstract in June/July, I thought I was walled in by the, albeit vague, set of perimeters I coughed up to meet the deadline.

However, it turns out that I was in the minority among the invited speakers in that I actually submitted an abstract within the deadline, and so I recently got an email stating that the new, absolutely final deadline for submission of an abstract for my talk would be October 25th.

This leaves me with two options. I can either roll with my previously submitted story, or I can use this opportunity to perhaps craft a completely new story partially based on experimental findings obtained since the previous deadline.

Decisions, decisions...

No comments: