Friday, March 6, 2009

Today is a good day

..to paraphrase 'Cube. When I checked my email this morning, I noticed that among the messages was one with the ominuous header "Decision on manuscript ID ..." from the very journal to which I submitted a revised manuscript on Tuesday. Incidentally, this is the result of the ~week's worth of lab work I managed to carve out for myself in late October. Since this was a very quick decision on a revision, I had some trepidations, as this pretty much meant that either the Editor bought our rebuttals and expansions hook, line and sinker....or he didn't, in which case the email would be a Dear John letter.

Turns out it was the first alternative, and we got our manuscript accepted. Today is a good day, and I'm not the least bit fazed by the discovery that someone has quoted another of my articles and taken our conclusions completely out of context in order for our hard work to support their pedestrian study.

No comments: