Friday, January 15, 2010

Slidescapes and slideoramas

So I attempted some of the animation techniques I found in Slide:ology by Nancy Duarte. Specifically, I experimented with animating slide transitions to create the illusion of the slides being part of a panoramic view, or what Duarte calls slidescapes or slideoramas. I battle-tested it in my "sales pitch", first lecture of the semester, to show some connections and big-picture things, and let me tell you; I thought it was really cool. It beat the ever-loving crap of my old way of presenting timelines and connections.

Yes; Slide:ology is worth the samoleans you have to plunk down to get your grubby hands on the book.

4 comments:

Anders said...

That's the part I tested as well... :D

Wilhelm said...

:D 'twas cool, no?

Anders said...

Yes, it made me think about the possibilities. Like going through parts of instrumentation, you could make it look like you're zooming in and panning back and fourth, up and down, etc. Maybe I'll do a battle-test as well, in February.

Wilhelm said...

That's pretty much what I'm going to do next