Monday, May 21, 2007

2 more movies

Since we can post some reviews about movies ; my turn whith what I saw this week end.

Spiderman 3:
Surprisingly, I didn't really like it. Surprisingly cause I kind of liked the first two but this one is particularly long and uninteresting. Why so many vilains (bad guy in comic, nerdy, language) (3) since only one would have been enough (like in the first two features). Moreover (we're on the m-factor blog, dudes) the sand man sucks !!!! The special effects during his "birth" are great but I couldn't stop thinking that it was special effects and not an actor playing and it's not so good I guess if you can remark the technique instead of being in the movie.

Babel: Damn a Brad Pitt movie. But Let's not forget that he has some some fantastic movies in the past (Seven, Fight Club). Ok some were crappy (Meet Joe Black is probably in the top 10 of the worst movies ever made). So, Babel: That's a fantastic movie. I will not say more cause i didn't know anything about the movie before seeing it and it's like that that good movies should be seen (F.....g trailers where you can see all the storyline of the movie). So trust me and rent that one. If you don't like it; you're an idiot.

8 comments:

Anders said...

Kudos on Babel; saw it two weeks ago.
Yet one more movie: München. A Spielberg movie about the 1972 Olympics hostage drama and the following revenge operation from Israel. Good acting, a great story and real authentic 70’s sets. It lost a bit of the forward drive midways and there are some really dark scenes where you can’t see whose Israeli and terrorist, which separate this from a really good movie and a great movie.

Wilhelm said...

Spiderman 3 (L'homme de whatever spider is in french): Dammit. I'm probably still going to see this one, though. It really irks me that the movies are getting longer (i.e. taking up more time) when clearly, the budget for the script has not increased correspondingly. The sand man sucks...funny; that's what we used to say in the 90's after having played Enter Sandman at each and every gig due to popular request. How did he end up being the sand man anyways? If the story follows classic Marvel lore, he probably played in a radioactive sandbox or something.

Babel: Pretty strong words there.. Thing is; Brad Pitt has a Samuel L. Jackson thing going, where a movie with him in it will suck by sheer statistics. Granted, the man was in Fight Club, but that's one. In the other movies I've seen with him, you've got:

Thelma and Louise - .....total suction

True Romance - the very definition of overrated

Se7en - Cool movie 'cause it's well made, and because Morgan Freeman is a solid actor

Sleepers - Snoozorama despite of DeNiro

Seven Years In Tibet - All the good intentions in the world, and still it's boring.

Snatch - Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels is so much better it's hard to describe even using both hands and a set of Ernie Ball Extra Slinky

The Mexican - Oh would you hook a brutha' up....that was beyond horrible

Ocean's Eleven - I've seen this movie many times - most often with different actors and a different title, but 'twas the same movie. Monster rip-off.

Troy - Well-made and everything, but if you'd put someone with actual muscles in the Achilles character, it'd be way better. 'Cause they sure as hell didn't put Brad Pitt in a leather thong in this movie to cash in on his acting abilities. Rather, they cashed in on his apparent fabric-moistening qualities.

Ocean's Twelve - Grand Theft Originality

Mr & Mrs. Smith - I haven't seen this one, but let me assure youse guys that Ray Charles could see that this movie sucks in his sleep.

..and they're even coming out with Ocean's Thirteen this year. Holy lack of imagination, batman

Unknown said...

I forgot twelve monkeys which also is a fantastic movie !

Wilhelm said...

Is Twelve Monkeys an alternative title for Oceans Twelve?

Anders said...

Spidey got mixed reviews in the papers this time around. Still going to see, at least because it's a movie based on a comic that is more slightly GF friendly then the rest of'em.

Thelma & Louise: Talk about chick flick! I think I fell asleep half way through it. But at least it helped boost Chris Whitley's career (his music plays during a "famous" love scene in it. Think it was on when I was sleeping, 'caus I ain't remembering it).

Twelve Monkeys: I didn't get this one. It’s supposed to be a great movie, I've been told.

Anders said...

PS, regarding Pigeon, why this user name?
According to Princeton University's WordNet, a pigeon is: a "Wild and domesticated bird having a heavy body and short legs".

;-)

Unknown said...

Arf. To punish you I will send you my bird flu
Carefulllllllll

Wilhelm said...

Anders: Yeah; I've heard several people rave about Twelve Monkeys. The story and label has always looked way too iffy for me to bother renting it, though.